Do you know one?

I just moved to a new area (army) about a month ago.... does anyone know a site or something to find women in my area? I need some friends so i can get out the house!!!!

Thanx

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hi, if you do a search of the various boards here, there are a lot of ones for various areas / specific commands. If you don't find one for your specific area, then I would suggest checking with your Family Services office (I can't remember what they're called with the Army, but the Navy calls them Fleet and Family Support), and ask them if there's any playgroups or anything like that, as a way to meet some other spouses in your area.

Also, check with MWR for playgroups, as well as for classes on things you might be interested in that you can sign up for. Most MWR's offer classes on everything from ceramics to yoga. Those classes can be another good way to meet other spouses in your area.

Good luck :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• How about an army wives group on CM? Then ask your question there. There may be some women in your area you could connect with.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• you can do it on here. Just go under the "moms" tab and type in your area. It'll pull up mom's around you.
    steveswife1130

Answer by steveswife1130 at 2:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• meetup.com you can search for playdate groups or mom groups
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• www.craigslist.org -you would want "strictly platonic", then look for the "w4w" link
    www.girlfriendscafe.com
    www.galpalz.com
    www.meetup.com is a good one, too
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 8:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2009