YOUR BABY CAN READ COMMERCIAL???

HAS ANYONE USED THE PRODUCTS ON THE "YOUR BABY CAN REAAD COMMERCIAL"? IT LOOKS SO AMAZING AND LIKE SUCH A GREAT DEAL, BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET SUCKERED INTO ANYTHING THAT IS WORTHLESS...

ZoeysMama89

Asked by ZoeysMama89 at 4:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I saw this commercial and wanted to order it too. My dad even offered to pay half. But my friend is studying to be grade school teacher and she thinks kids should learn at there own rate. My cousin says the 30 day trial is not enough time for results, she is a teachers assistant. I am still on the fence about it. I really want to get it but I don't want to push him either. My son is 25 months and talks better than a 4 year old. I get comments all the time. Let me know if you end up getting it. I can't make up my mind. They are also selling on ebay. The complete sets are going for almost full price.
    luvme110699

Answer by luvme110699 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It doesn't teach kids how to read, it teaches them to recognize words by sight. They memorize how the word looks. They don't learn how to sound words out, they don't learn how letters go together to make different sounds...it's just memorization.

Save your money. Invest that money elsewhere. Read to your child. Help them learn their letters, the sound the letters make and how to put them together to make words.

It's a marketing ploy making some guy rich by tricking parents out of their money. It's not teaching how to read. It's teaching rote memorization. I mean...my 4 year old recognizes the word "universe"...but he can't spell it. That goes along with reading.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I TOTALLY agree with ticcledblue! At first it seemed impressive until I realized what they were doing. I think it's to make parents feel special, which in this case is not in the best interest of the child!
    MrsLaher

Answer by MrsLaher at 1:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Oka so ijus checkd tha website for this commercial...
    On ma opinion, it lookd good at first but
    after looking nd reading erything ova
    idecided iwould not want to...

It does not take a bunch of dvds, flashcards, and pictures
    to teach your child how to read, communicate, write, and comprehend.
    Nd tha total is 200$.

Use that money for something else..

Ilearnd alot of things early
    ilearnd to read around 8mo.
    Nd mi ma nd da are both drop outs.

So the only thing you need to do
    is get an erase bord, pictures, and your voice..
    Therfor your teaching your child yourself
    tha natural way without payin for it.

*Sumtyms things are just so easy
    but no one seems to comprehend how easy....

--Any questions get back at me...
    ♥ ~*Charli Jo*~ ♥
    ChArliJo

Answer by ChArliJo at 12:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2009