my 12 mo angel has a bad cold any suggestions to make her more comfortable?

i cant seem to find any meds on the market for babies anymore. she has a cough that sounds like she is losing a lung and like it hurts! she has a runny nose and slight fever 100.2 . its just a cold but she is so uncomfortable and i cant get any sleep!! i did find a chest rub for babies but that was all..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Prop up one end of her mattress, might help her sleep. there is infant motrin/tylenol on the market, will help with fever and since it's an anti-inflammatory it will help with the sore throat from coughing. I"ve also used "triaminic vapors" , i'ts a fan that holds a pad of medicine and fills the room with it, smells like vapor rub. I was leary about putting anything directly on my daughter (14 months old), worried she would rub it and get in her eyes.
    If her cough sounds like a seal, might be the croup and then needs to see a doctor.
    Hope she is feeling better soon and you get some rest.

chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 9:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• try a vaporizer in her bedroom at night
    Teejay602

Answer by Teejay602 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I used Infant Motrin and a humidifier in her room. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2009