What would you do if your husband said this to you?

When talking about why he looks and stares at other women, he says "Well, ________ (my name) You are not young and pretty anymore!"

How should I react/feel about that?

He says he meant for it to be comforting..... how can THAT be comforting????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2012 in Relationships

• My husband would have been slapped for that shit.
    He has told me, "There is nothing wrong with a beautiful woman, but you know I think you are the most beautiful no matter what". He looks at other women, but I look at other guys, so I don't get on him for it, because it would be hypocritical.

Again, if my husband EVER said something like that to me, he would be slapped, and probably sleeping on the couch for a week or so. Definitely not getting any hanky panky for a long ass time.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• Well, my pussy would be on lock down, I promise that much...and he would be hearing about it for a LONG time, for EVERYTHING. You wanted coffee this morning...maybe some young, pretty thing would make you some. Sex....HAHAHAHAHA...I'm far too old and unattractive to do that.

How in the hell did he think that should sound "comforting" to you?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• I would remind him that just like I am not young anymore neither is he!

Answer by older at 7:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• AF, why would you think it would be ok to slap your husband? Is it fine for him to slap you when you say something you shouldn't have? If not isn't THAT hypocritical of YOU? :P
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• SERIOUSLY?!?! Id toss his pillow and a thin blanket on the couch, and give him some time to think about that statement. I would also say something along the lines of, "yea, and neither are you... none of those 'young, pretty' girls are going to want a dirty old man like you."
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• It would depend, if he was joking I would bust out laughing and say "no, I'm not and guess what Bud, you are older than me!". If he was serious, I would just look at him thinking "did he really just say that!?"
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• ouch
    i would be very hurt
    and would not want him to touch me
    that is very crappy of him to say to you
    hugs

he should be sleeping on the couch for his own protection
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• My husband always kids around with me saying he is gonna leave me for a 19 year old and I kid back.....that is the kind of marriage we have,But I know he would never say that to me....or we joke about movie stars:).
    I am very sorry for what your husband said to you.....I would deff sit him down and have a serious talk with him to find out why he would say that and maybe you guys can work on why he said that in the first place and maybe there is something you want him him to change.Has to be a reason why he blurted that out and maybe didn't know how to talk to you.
    mommyjenn29

Answer by mommyjenn29 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• He would be sleeping on the porch i the rain
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2012

• slap him...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2012