my breast are not producing breast milk. how can i help them along?

i am having trouble lactating.any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had trouble with my 1st too. My doc said that drinking lots of water helps the flow.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 5:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i tried everything and nothing helped. some women are just not able to breastfeed. Not much you can do about it, sorry :(

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• How old is your baby? What makes you think you aren't making milk? Hoe often do you nurse your baby? Are you supplimenting? How much water do you drink per day? Have you tried domperidone or fenugreek? HAve you seen a lactation consultant? Until you answer these question I cannot help you. PLEASE PM me if you can answer these. I would love to help. In reality, less than 3% of the world population can't breastfeed, many are just ignorant and don't have enough support. PLEASE, don't give up until a lactation consultant sayd you are incapable of nursing.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I too, would need you to answer the questions that navy wife asked in order to help you.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Oatmeal, breastfeed, breastfeed, breastfeed, lots of water, nurse, nurse, nurse, mother's milk tea, breastfeed, breastfeed, breastfeed, NO formula!, nurse, nurse, nurse, mother's milk tablets, feed, feed, feed to stimulate that supply.

Good luck!
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• nurse nurse nurse nurse nurse! don't try to keep a schedule like some might suggest, the more you nurse, the better your milk will come in. also, try drinking fenugreek tea and eating oatmeal. good luck!
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• hi. having a hard time lactating? i experienced that before. i tried MASSAGING my breast, and it works.. u just have to bear the pain, coz u have to do it, until milk flows out ur breast.
    bhel

Answer by bhel at 9:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Try also eating green leafy vegetables and drinking hot water. that too helps:) (it worked for me)..
    bhel

Answer by bhel at 9:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have had 3 bio children and was unable to nurse with all 3...some women just cant. I pumped and pumped and NOTHING.
    Teejay602

Answer by Teejay602 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Fenugreek helped me so much after my daughter was in the hospital for a few days and I lost much of my supply even though I was pumping. Took a few of the supplement pills and it was amazing how the milk started to build back up. (And the bonus is your pee smells like maple syrup which was funny). Good luck!
    FatCookie

Answer by FatCookie at 10:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2009