my son is sick??

i have a question about my three year old son, he started throwing up this morning around 4 and i need some ideas to help him feel better?

and what can i do to stop him from throwing up so much??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 7:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My daughter just has this on Sunday. She wouldn't eat a thing, and threw up everything!!!! As long as she was drinking (even if it was coming up ) then I wasnt worrying about her getting dehydrated. I looked in one of my Medical Books, and also consulted the Pharmacist and we decided on trying some EMETROL for nausea..... it can be used on children ages 2 and up. I gave her 1 tsp around 6 that evening and NO MORE VOMITING AT ALL!!! You can find it in any drug store...it is over the counter. (BTW, my daughter is 2 1/2) You CAN give pedialyte because even if your child is throwing up they will still retain some of the electrolytes from the drink.
    Just keep him as comfy as possible...lots of love and cuddles, and it will pass. Hopefully it is a 24 bug like it was with my daughter!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 12:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i dont know if you can help him stop. but try some dry toast and gingerale and see if he can keep that down. if that stays done may try some chicken noodle soup later or just the broth. plenty of liquids you don't want him to get dehydrated
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• you don't want him to stop throwing up. I know sounds strange but he has some "yuck" that is there and it needs to come out and that is the bodies natural way of getting the job done. Nobody likes to see their kids sick but he needs to get whatever it is out. Just keep him comfortable and hydrated with pedialyte, ginger ale, and dry foods like crackers and toast so he has something to throw up and flush out his system. If he gets a fever over 101 give him Motrin.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Don't give him anything for at least 1-2hours!!! NOTHING. Let his stomach rest. Then start with a couple ounces of water (ONLY) and wait for about 10 minutes. If that stays down, try a couple more ounces..continue for an hour. Then if water has stayed down for an hour, let him have more WATER. If at any point he throws up again, start over.

If he doesn't puke for 6 hours, then you can try some bread, toast, banana....bland and easy.

Do NOT give pedialyte, pop, gatorade, or anything else until he stops puking and if he develops diarrhea, stop giving them at all (sugar makes it worse)

Do NOT give Motrin while he's puking because Motrin can upset the stomach to begin with...stick to Tylenol until he stops puking.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I agree with babyfat5
    Teejay602

Answer by Teejay602 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• he is still throwing up, and now it is stomach acid, so should i take him in so they can give him something because he hasn't had a wet diaper either, i have the diaper on just in case he gets diarrhea.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• plenty of rest and fluids.

That is what he needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009