• In the Spotlight:

How terrible is this-

So I've been wanting a tattoo going up the side of my stomach- Its really pretty flowers with bright pretty girly colors. Its gorgeous. lol And I only have one tattoo so i'm not a tattoo crazy person. But I love them. (Never thought I would either haha) ANYWAY. Hubby doesn't want me to get it because it is so big. But I feel like it is my body and if I want it- I can get it. he says it is his body too since we are married and he won't be attracted to me anymore.(OH PLEASE) So he went as far as to tell me that Im fat without say ime fat. He said you know your already starting to look like your mom.. and your only gonna end up looking like your granny and she isn't the tiniest person in this world. !!!!!! I cried i punched him alot and made a big deal about it. But HOW TERRIBLE. I'm 5'0 and weigh 126. Yeah, i'm 26 lbs heavier then before I got pregnant but I plan on loosing that weight by july! jerk.

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ohhh you know these road trips are just draining me. do i have to make one to your house too and pull out a can of whoop ass on hubby? cuz i will ya know? do what you want to do if you want it get it.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• well when I got my tattoo I asked my husband if he was okay with it. He said yes as long as it's tasteful. I have one and am getting another. I think your husband is out of line.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Awww...that's not nice. Sounds like he was going for the jugular...your weakest spot so that you wouldn't get that tattoo. When I got my first tattoo, I waited and thought about it for one whole year. At the end of the year, i still wanted it, so I got it. Take some time, for you, to think about it. If you still want it, get it.

super_mommy4

Answer by super_mommy4 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Well, 5' and 126lbs is NOT fat...but I don't think tattoos are attractive on anyone. And your husband is right...your body belongs to him as well as to you. Just as HIS body belongs to both of you. I'd like to get my hair cut to just above my shoulders (it's now waist length) but my hubby likes my hair long. So I'm keeping it long to please him. Hair is something that can be changed easily though. If I choose to have it cut...it will grow back. Tattoos are a different matter. They are permanant. I think you need to take hubby's feelings into condsideration here.
    NCmomX4

Answer by NCmomX4 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• wow ncmom my body doesnt belong to my hubby. he can do what he wants with his and vice versa. and tattoos can be very attractive i have three and love them all and they are in places that if i want to show them i can and if they need to be covered up they are,. i say go for it krazy
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I dont think you need his approval. I have a large tattoo on my back and one on my leg. I didnt ask hubby if I could get either one. Plus he didnt want me to get my lip pierced but I did and now he loves it! I just dont think he should be able to tell you what to do when a tattoo isnt hurting anyone. Its not like you asked him if you could go sleep with somone else.
    And I sure hope people dont think your fat because me and you are the same height and weight! I would just ignore his comments on that because he was obviously just trying to talk you out of it.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 9:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'm not a tattoo fan, so take my comment with a large grain of salt, please. but I'd go with the husband's preference. If he says he wouldn't like it, then I wouldn't. Just as if my husband wanted to let his hair grow below his shoulders and wear mutton chops, I'd tell him that no that would be unattractive to me, and I'd appreciate his changing his mind about that.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My hubby doesn't like me getting tattoos either. I only have 2 of them, but I LOVE them! He says that my body is his body as well... But for my b-day last year, I went off all by myself and did it! He liked the outcome of it... I was VERY surprised... I think he liked it so much because I put our daughters name in it! Being 5 foot and 126 isn't big at all... I weighed that much befor I got pregnant for my daughter and I am the same height... My hubby has never told me I am fat... and I weigh much more than what I used to.... what a gerk...its your body first...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• He sounds like a jerk to me. I had one of those kind of hubby's. I am divorced now.
    JanuaryRayne

Answer by JanuaryRayne at 9:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Why don't you consider his feelings, You guys are married right?

You are not boyfriend and girlfriend anymore. I like your idea on your tattoo but when we get old don't they start to look yucky, like everything else if we don't take care of it.

If this is what you want so be it....then again I am up there in age been there done that.

Get alittle replica of it instead.in love

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009