Are you too fat to post pictures?

I moved away from all of my friends and haven't seen them in a very long time. I've never been thin or athletic, always overweight. Most of my friends saw me last when I was in a big weight loss slide. Serious events occured and I ate myself to the biggest I've been. I don't post my pictures on the websites they see or take pics with my kids b/c I am so ashamed of what I've done to myself. Tell me how you feel about this if it were you?

super_mommy4

Asked by super_mommy4 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well we do this to our selves and I know it is hard to try to loose it I can't even loose 10lbs. I just can't get motivated.

Why don't you just take pics of your face and children around you, You don't neccesarily have to show your body. If you still not happy with that then I guess this is the time to do something about it. Not so much eating nothing but veggies and friuits you can eat what u want just do it moderately. Good Luck I am in the same boat.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I am overweight also and what I do is not worry about it anymore. I know I am overweight and I am trying to lose it. I think much has to do with how we view ourselves and our own feelings about being overweight. My family and friends dont care if I gained a few lbs and would not say eww what a gross cow, but I think in my mind they would. Maybe thats what youre thinking to?
    If anything taking pics of myself overweight has been a great motivator to lose weight. I put a picture of myself on the fridge so when I go to get a snack I can remind myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Nah, I've been a big girl most of my life. I don't mind posting pics of me. Sure I look at them and go "oh god, I REALLY need to hit the gym" but hey, it's what I look like. It's not like they are going to stop being friends with me because I am fat :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't think they'll hate me or stop being my friends, but it's just a failure I don't want to share.
    super_mommy4

Answer by super_mommy4 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I understand. Take a photo. Preferably in a swimsuit. Keep it just for yourself, and use it to motivate you to lose any unwanted weight. i did that. I even posted a photo of myself in a swimsuit-- yikes. Scary! But it has helped me to lose 4 lbs. since Jan 1st. Every time I think I don't want to do my treadmill workout, I look at the photo. I do the thirty treadmill minutes.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009