anyone an Avon Representative?

I was thinking about becoming an avon representative because I need the extra money. Do Any of you work for them? Can you tell me if there is any traveling and how much on average? Also does it pay well?
I would like to do this in the evenings after my DH is out of work so I don't have to pay for daycare

MeNMy2Kids

Asked by MeNMy2Kids at 9:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• I tried Avon a long time ago. It was too time consuming for me, plus I wouldn't want my income to depend on sales of any kind in this economy. I work online, I use a variety of free places, and I've cleared over 14k in the last year. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/  if you're interested

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I USED to sell Avon. So unlike reps who will jump on this dying to recruit you i'll tell you what happens to the majority of Avon reps. First, very few actually make money selling Avon. Most of the reps out there have so many others all around them that it's difficult to find customers. Brochures are affordable but you literally need to buy hundreds every two weeks, tag them, bag them and get them out which is time comsuming and costly. You get an average of 1 new custoemr per 100 books you get out.

You don't earn pay, you collect the money from the customers, pay Avon and keep the difference. But by the time you buy brochures, samples, bags, and demo products many times you'll OWE Avon more than what you collected.

You can recruit other reps into your downline and earn based on their sales but so many new reps don't last very long so that unles you are a recruiting machine you won't make much if anything!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was but it did not work out for me I could not keep up with always buying the books! and I did not make much money. Hopefully you will find the info you need!

Belinda
    Scentsy Independent Star Director
    Stick you nose in my business You won't get burned
    our candles have no flame!

bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I used to be a rep for Avon. It's a great company but the market is saturated with Avon Reps. I started selling candles for Diamond Creek Candles and have done really well. It's consulting program is only 2 years old so nobody around me sells these candles as of yet. Everybody buys them and loves them. It's free to sign up and there are no quotas to meet. I can have you up and going in no time.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Hey you :) I'm a rep. It takes exactly as much time as I want it to and I don't have to travel at all. There are regional meetings- which I don't go to. I sell Avon mostly at my job, so I travel there anyway, lol. I have a website through Avon too, but don't get much activity there. You can PM me anytime if you want to know more.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 10:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• How would you compete with the Avon store?? I have one right at my neighborhood entrance!
    Anonymous