Help... :-/

Here is the thing... Every month about a week and a half before my period I turn into the most unbarrable raving loony even I can't stand.. I pick on DH, I pick fights that normally I wouldnt. And here is the thing, at the time I really don't think I'm being that crazy, I mean the stupid stuff my DH would normally do that only bugs me a little bugs me A LOT! Like I mean it seriously bugs me... So I fight with him about it. Whats wrong with me? Does this mean I'm just crazy? Please tell me someone else has this problem, and is there like a mood stabelizer or something you're doctor can perscribe you to make you stop being such a raving bitch? lol, I'm desprate, my DH is wonderful and kind of understand and just blows our arugments off, but I know it bugs him when I constantly pick on him. HELP! :)

KateInTheSurf

Asked by KateInTheSurf at 9:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• Talk to your primary care doc or your OBGYN. I have this issue too. And if the Damn OBGYN would ever get back to me i would ask them these questions. But i think there is a Disorder of some sort that women have that just before their periods they go off the deep end. I always ALWAYS fight with my husband and tell him i am divorcing him the week before my period. never fails. talk to them they might have something to help.
    YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 9:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Gees, i completely understand. I go through the same thing every month. I don't realize i am getting close to my period until after I have spent a couple days just being angry at the world. My DH also seems to blow it off and ask "Is it almost time for your thing?" That's when I usually say, oh, yeah, your right!

I have heard that excercise helps. Some people take medicine for it. I take a multi vitamin that seems to help. Overall, all i can do is just try to realize it earlier so I can try to control myself. Although, I have to say, it feels good to rant and rave once in a while. Us women are peculiar creatures. Hope you get some good advice here so I can also learn something.
    justfortoday

Answer by justfortoday at 9:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's called PMDD, Pre-Menstrual Dimorphic Disorder. Check it out. This same crap happens to me to, right between my periods I get all irritated, emotional, can't sleep...the list goes on and on. The newish Birth Control, Yaz, supposedly helps with this, and my doctor suggested I start it. I'm already on another birth control, so going on the pill isn't an issue for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• whoops, it's dysphoric. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Premenstrual dysphoric disorder or PMDD is a condition associated with severe emotional and physical problems that are linked closely to the menstrual cycle. Symptoms occur regularly in the second half of the cycle and end when menstruation begins or shortly thereafter. PMDD is not just a new name for premenstrual syndrome (PMS), a condition that affects as many as 75% of menstruating women. It is, however, considered to be a very severe form of PMS that affects about 5% of menstruating women. Both PMDD and PMS share symptoms in common that include depression, anxiety, tension, irritability and moodiness. What sets PMDD apart is its severity. Women with PMDD find that it has a very disruptive effect on their lives. Please read on to get more information about PMDD -- what it is, how it is diagnosed and how it is treated.
    Anonymous

• http://pmdd.factsforhealth.org/what/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I've started taking the shot because I was the same way. I can tell when I should have been getting my period though because I still get irritated, just not nearly as bad as when I was getting my period.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009