Illegals getting federal money from the stimulus?

‘Stimulus': Your Money for Illegals

Just how outrageous is this shameful $819 billion stimulus?

For starters — and this will shock you — both the House and the Senate programs have a loophole that even gives illegal aliens cash payouts.

Here’s how The Associated Press explained it: “Undocumented immigrants who are not eligible for a Social Security number can file tax returns with an alternative number. A House-passed version of the economic recovery bill, and one making its way through the Senate, would allow anyone with such a number, called an individual taxpayer identification number (TIN), to qualify for the tax credits.”

In case you didn’t know it, any illegal can get a TIN number from Social Security, no questions asked.

This means illegals who broke the law to get here will be eligible immediately for federal cash — up to $1,000!

DO ANY OF YOU SUPPORT THIS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am mixed on this. I think that if they have been here a long while and have jobs they should pay taxes. I think there needs to be a revamp of the immigration system anyway. My friend came here from the UK at 16 when her mom married a man and at 18 went for her green card. By 21 she had finally been approved and by 22 is still waiting on them to mail the green card. Now that verses my grandma who came here in the 40s and took 9 months to get her card. The whole dept is screwed up. I think they need to offer people green cards in a timely fashion and we woud have less illegals and stop charging them thousands to get them. If they are here and working they need to pay taxes though.

Answer by gemgem at 9:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• did you know that they get that number so THEY CAN PAY TAXES?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I support money going back to people who payed in. If they have a TIN already and have used it to pay into the system they should get money back. If they have not paid into the system they should not get money back.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yep I knew it which is why I answered they should pay taxes lol. I guess as someone whose grandparents were immigrants I have a totally different outlook on things and the way they really work vs what people want to believe it works like.

Answer by gemgem at 9:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The only way i can see them getting money is if they come over legally and work legally. If they are scamming i do not thinks it is right at all.
    YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 9:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I believe that people who are here legally should be eligible for the stimulus money. I mean, lets face it, how many years are we going to be paying for this stimulus? How many illegals with TINs are going to continue to pay after they receive their money? If you are here illegally, you should be forced to leave, and apply for citizenship and then reenter. In a time of such economic crisis and lack of jobs, why should jobs be going to illegals who are willing to work for 1/2 as much and not complain because they know that they will get deported. It is time for America to start taking care of its own. There are exceptions to every rule, but immigration needs to start cracking down on illegals, and helping those who are trying to enter legally.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If they payed taxes then they should get that money, but if they didn't then no they shouldn't get it. listen, not only the undocumented immigrants that you should be worrying about, what about the women who have no job and still lives with her parents and have already 6 kids and went to get 8 more, our money is going right to her, or that group who men can marry more than one woman, and have tons of babies, the government only recognize the fist wife so everyone else is to be considered as a single mom and they get all the money from the government, Hey I have nothing against their way of living, but they choose to live that way, I shouldn't pay for it.

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• OP here, this is about the illegals, not those here legally and paying taxes. They are all criminals and con artists and should never get a TIN number nor should they get any tax stimulus checks. How does this stimulate the American economy and the American workforce? It doesn't, imo. I know many illegals who pay for others soc sec numbers so that they can illegally get contracted construction work, only pay $8 to send money back to Mexico, don't pay taxes, wait in line to get welfare benefits, don't speak English, undercut labor costs from American workers, they shouldn't get any more of our money. This is about illegals, illegals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• And one more thing at least these undocumented immigrants are doing the s h i t t y jobs that no one wants to do with such little pay, The rest people I Talked about do nothing.  I Mean if you want to sweep the mall all day or scrub toilets, or wash dishes for 12 hours with the steam in your face from the dish washer go right ahead, it's not their fault, it's the companies that hire them because they want to save money and not pay the good old Americano 20 dollars for washing dishes , because they know that they will leave within few months, but amigos are there because they're stuck, so those companies are the ones that are taking advantage of the undocumented workers

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Well, I feel that anyone who is here ILLEGALLY shouldn't get any kind of benefits whatsoever!!!! I believe that the immigration process should be revamped, do it the way it used to be done, register through Ellis Island, learn English, become a citizen. It worked. On my Dad's side I am only a second generation American, on my Mom's side a third generation. My Mom's side came from Ireland / Netherlands, my Dad's side from Czechoslovakia. I have friends who are now citizens from England, South Africa, Cuba.....all within the last two years. They all did it, it's possible. What is unfortunate is that the bad apples (ILLEGALS refusing to become citizens) spoil the whole bunch and that they end up straining and bankrupting our resources.  So to answer the OP's question........NO I DO NOT SUPPORT IT AT ALL!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2009