How loud is too loud?

When I play my baby music in the womb from my ipod? My husband is worried we will have it too loud, is that possible? Did you play music for your baby, could you tell if they could hear it?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 37 weeks and my hubby talks to the baby really loud and she moves away from where he is. He did it when we were getting an ultrasound and she looked like she was trying to cover her ears. I think it would have to be REALLY loud for it to hurt the baby's ears because its going through water which dulls the noise.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• So the one iPod ear phone probably is fine. Its not louder than I play it for myself.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• We played music for the baby, but like you i was worried so id just play it a fun loud for myself in the room so I knew nothing bad was happening. LOL.. I always wonder what the "music waves" would do inside my belly as well.. hehe..
    Try you & hubby reading to the baby.. the have said its great for the baby to hear their parents voices alot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009