How to POTTY TRAIN A LITTLE GIRL

SHE IS 3.5 AND RESISTS WEARING UNDERWEAR AND SITTING ON TOILET

mommy5870

Asked by mommy5870 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get one of those baby dolls that pee. Give the doll her bottle sit her on the potty and after she goes give her a treat(M and M's worked for my daughter, Pennies worked for my Grandson), then have your daughter sit on potty and give her a treat IF she goes.
    nana44

Answer by nana44 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would use rewards. It really worked for us. My daughter really resisted it too. She turned 3 in March and has only been potty trained for 2 months now. Here is what we did. We used a potty chart and she got to put a sticker on it every time she used the potty. Once it was filled (about 30 stickers) she got a small toy like a new polly pocket or outfit for her doll. We also told her that she would get a big girl princess bed when she was using the potty regularly without wetting her pants. This worked great. She really wanted the big girl princess bed and that really sealed the deal. We also let her pick out the type of underwear she wanted and had to be wearing underwear during that time. No pull ups or diapers except at bed time. Some kids take longer than others. She will get there. :>
    hoperenewed

Answer by hoperenewed at 8:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If your daughter is as stubborn as mine, rewards and the like never worked! The only thing that has actually helped her was to let her pick her own potty chair and not push her. I finally started realizing that she would go when she was ready, so when I stopped trying to make her go potty all the time, she started doing it on her own. I don't know if she just did this because she liked the idea of doing it herself and not having anyone else make her do it. Good luck and don't worry, it will eventually happen!!!
    ericadc2

Answer by ericadc2 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Now that summer is here, it is the perfect time to potty train. I did my two daughters this way: I took a week and cleared my schedule. Then I had her pick out which underwear she wanted from the store. Day one thru three she only wore a shirt. Nothing to get in the way of the potty. Every hour and a half she had to try on the potty. Potty comes where ever she is, outside, living room, etc. Pull ups only for bedtime and naps. It maybe a little messy this way but they really understand how it works. Day four and on: she can wear the big girl underwear. If you have to go out put a pull up over the underwear, She gets the wet feeling and you don't have to clean the car seat. I also do the stcker reward chart as above. Good luck. It will Happen if she is ready and you stick to it.
    derbymomof3

Answer by derbymomof3 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i let my little girl pick out her panties. She got tinkerbell and I told her that she had to tell me when she had to go potty because tink didn't like to get teetee on her. Within a week she was pottytrained and rarely has an accident.
    Cyndi310

Answer by Cyndi310 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have boys, but my sister has girls. They will go when they are ready. Her oldest was potty trained at 1 1/2 and the youngest had accidents until she was 6. Eventually they get it.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008