I went to Target to price a breast pump but they were all close to three hundred dollars-geessshhh is that the going price for all breast pumps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bought a hand pump for under 30 at Target. I also was given an electric one. I found the hand pump was much better, and my arms got buff!
    super_mommy4

Answer by super_mommy4 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't know what you were looking at exactly but I thought that there were ones that were must cheeper out there.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 10:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i got mine at babies r us for 85-90 dollars and it worked even better then the higher priced ones
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I got a nice pump at ToysRUs for $60.....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The Medela will work the best, and it's typically over $100.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 11:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Look on ebay. There are brand new pumps for $60-100.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If you're not going to work, just breastfeed. It's much cheaper and more convenient. Electric pumps are pricey but you can borrow them or buy them used and get new tubes/cones.
    Anonymous

• If you are planning on going back to work then you will most likely need a medical grade pump which does come in around 300 or more dollars. You can try the cheaper versions, just be prepared to be fustrated. If you need or even just want a medical grade pump ask your insurance if you can get one if your dr writes you a prescription for one. My sister in law was able to get a very nice pump for free that way. Good luck! You can also look into renting them from the hospital or a medical supply company.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009