How do you wake your daughter/son up in the morning, if they are not morning people?

What is the consequence if they don't get up??

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I only have 1 whose not a morning person. If he doesnt wake up I throw cold water on him. Thats only happened once. Now he gets up.

Answer by gemgem at 10:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• This will only need to be done once, LOL put some marbles in freezer, tell child once to get up if he does not take handfull of marbles and put under the covers. The marbles are soooooo cooold and you can not roll away from them. If you are not quite that upset with them call them on their cell phone with a blocked no. I don't know a teen who would not get up to answer phone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Breakfast- my son loves a hot breakfast so I wake him when I start it then yell again when it's almost done and when it's on the table. It actually takes 3 times, but I hit the snooze button at least that many times so I really can't be upset with him for it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• COLD MARBLES!! I will remember that one!!
    So far just stealing the blankets and opening the curtains does work and because my girls' room is under the living room..I vacum or bounce balls.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• lol..i read in Kevin Lemans book to not wake him up. Let him be late and don't write him a note. Tell the school to treat him as an illegal tardy or absence.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree with JC. I was and still am tough to wake. My kids thank God aren't a problem. My daughter struggled in about the 4th grade, I did exactly that, let her suffer the consequences. Oh was she mad and mad at herself. Since, never a problem. So much I almost forgot that it once was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I made my daughter go to bed earlier. Every minute she is late, is a minute she goes to bed earlier. And I refuse to rush to get her to school on time if she makes somone wait for her to get out the bathroom.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 3:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I like the marbles answer! I make both my teens go to bed at 9pm. I use ice cubes to wake them up in the morning. I do this about once a month and believe me, they don't want repeats. LOL
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I pull the blanket & squirt them with water until they are on their feet.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009