Csection and a tubial?

Ok I am having a baby boy next month. I will be having a csection and tubial done. With my dd(1) I had a csection. Will I be in more pain this time around? I am realy worried about it..I dont deal with pain real well. Please let me know...thank you:)

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I have had 3 C sections, (14 & 9 & 4 years ago) Everything is pretty much the same, Except, this last time when they numbed me, I went numb from my boobs on down...I feel paralyzed...It scared the CRAP outta me. (not literally) The pain wasnt too bad, I actually went home with in 2 days. Its all the same, Im sure youll be good. Your periods will be worse w/the tubal...Mine are Horrid!! Good Luck Momma, Its all worth it
    Shan4606

Answer by Shan4606 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The reason you felt numb was because you were given a spinal not just an epidural! I had the spinal and I will definately have one again!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I've had two going on three... The first was actually worse for me than the second. I went through 38 hrs of labor prior to the first c-section, it made everything worse. My hospital stay was longer and my recovery was harder. So I think you'll be fine
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have had 2 sections. The first was an emergency and horrible..( stillborn dd @ 36 wks)
    My second one was a breeze recovery wise. I had Pre-E so my bp was very high and I was on Mag for 2 days as well as the leg pumps. After I was allowed to get up I was back to normal within just a few days. Oh, and I had a tubal at that time. I had no extra pain associated with the tubal.. I think that is what you are asking right? I was driving within 2 weeks, walking up and down stairs within 2 weeks with no pain, and was picking up my dd ( 33 months and 30 lbs when baby was born) within 3 weeks. I'm a serious wimp when it comes to pain, but my first one was much worse. I had a spinal with this one and an epi with the first.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 1:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009