IBS

does anyone have a child with IBS? describe what you are dealing with please.

hw1977

Asked by hw1977 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If they are telling you that your child has IBS, insist that they test his blood for gluten sensitivity. A diagnosis of IBS means "something is not right but we can't find the cause" Check out www.thefooddoc.com

in many cases gluten (or wheat) may actually be a culprit.

Celiac disease is estimated to affect 1 in 133 people in the U.S. (approximately 1/100 worldwide). Most of these people are undiagnosed. Many are being treated for reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, gas-bloat dyspepsia, lactose intolerance, or just suffering ill health.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Celiacs is not the only cause of IBS, but is definately worth screening for.

I have constipation predominant IBS. My son has severe constipation and GERD. He will most likely develop IBS as he gets older.

Maybe I can answer some of your questions. Over the past 17 years I have managed to get my IBS under control and am aware of my triggers.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2009