Anyone giving serious thought to not filing their taxes?

Because this makes 4:
(AP) - Nancy Killefer, who failed for a year and a half to pay employment taxes on household help, has withdrawn her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government, the White House said Tuesday.

I have to admit, if I didn't know I was getting money back, I don't know that I'd be all that sold on the urgency anymore.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry, I'm a republican only democrats can get away with not paying taxes.

Anonymous

• I have contemplated in the past not filing. I wont lie. There was a time they were taking around $1400 a month in taxes from my husbands income. During those times then added we had to pay MORE in I wasnt all gun ho on filing. But we do. Blah. This year we do get a return though which is nice.

Answer by gemgem at 10:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I thought you had to? Can't you get into a lot of trouble if you don't? I mean a lot more trouble than its worth?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would like to file but I still don't have my W-2 Forms from my employers.. I'm getting annoyed and think the post office messed up and sent it to our old apartment (moved about 2 months ago). Anyways, i'm giving it until friday, if I don't get anything by then, I gotta a lot of calling around to do... not too happy about that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• and yes, I did to a change of address.. but I know the post office doesn't get everything to the new address all the time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yep its against the law not to file, it doesnt mean some people dont think about not filing lol.

Answer by gemgem at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It obviously isn't important enough to keep you from getting a government appointed job ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• lol lol lol, if we don't file taxes, become tax evaders, maybe there is a position for us in the NObama administration. OH CRAP, that would be the reason why I wouldn't even be considered, I file, I pay........!! Our employment taxes (for small business owners) are going to be raised under this NObama economic ripoff debacle and thus, we may protest and not file or pay! We can always use the same excuses NObama aides are using.........sorry, we didn't know! =D  Hey lets all try that!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If I knew dh wouldn't lose his license over it I would consider it. But he's a CPA so that'd be kinda bad. Why can all these other people get away with it though? And what would happen if NOBODY filed? Hmmm...especially all small businesses?

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Google "Ed and Elaine Brown against the evil government" Read their story you will learn that paying taxes is not a law! The way the constitution is written is very clear! Read and learn! Very interesting!

purist.
    purist

Answer by purist at 11:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2009