So sick of it!

I am so... sick of this webkinz phase!! She seems obsessed with them, the website too. It's almost all my 10 yo dd talks about and who has 27 webkinz, what they are and she wants more and more of them all the time. She has 6 and at $16 a piece, her dd and I think it's God's plenty and tell her so. She trys to get us to give her allowance in advance to buy one several times which we don't do. It's what she wants to spend her allowance on and take them to school, out to recess, etc.

cat4458

Asked by cat4458 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I had that problem with my son and thomas the train , eventually he grew out of it but seems to come up with a new obsession every couple of weeks then changes to something else. Hang in there I know how stressfull it can be when they repeat and obsess over things. This too shall pass. Good luck.
    darcy138

Answer by darcy138 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I think your lucky, when my daughter was 10 all she wanted was expensive clothes and at 11 boys.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• We are getting through the Littlest pet shop phase and still in Hannah Montana Phase...Thankfully my daughters never really have seen a webkinz...But my oldest who is 9 she is now into joke books...and the next one is almost 7 and she loves her LPS but we have so many that I just tell her that I am going to sell them if she does not play with the ones that she already has....Usually works and the other two dd's there are too small 2 and 1 so they just go with whatever the older sis's come up with...Good luck..and stick to your guns
    AnaBaumgartner

Answer by AnaBaumgartner at 11:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yeah, they trade one thing for another! My 11year old has gone through pokemon, digimon,bionicles,some other weird card game, now he thinks he needs every video game system under the sun!! As long as it's all the rage with the other kids, mine think they need it too.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2009