PLEASE READ!!!

one of my best friends took like 5 home preg test and all were pos. she went to the dr n they did a blood test it came back neg. and the dr sent her home without even checking her...she hasnt had a period in 4months she looks pregnant and she has felt it move..and her boobs have gotten big! Is it possible that the blood test was wrong?

MiasMommy6908

Asked by MiasMommy6908 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I don't see how- but I guess maybe it could be IDK thats really strange?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I think your friend needs to get a new dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• me? i would take another HPT and if it comes out pos. again make another appt. with another doc and have it done there again
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes it can. With my second pregnancy I had three blood tests and they all came out neg. When I went for a second opinion the doctor ordered a urine test and it came out pos. This was only two days after my last blood test. yes it is unlikely but not impossible. She should also have more blood work done even is she is not pregnant. There could be lots of other things such as thyroid.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 10:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• at 4 months the movement would be slight, so it could easily be something else, or imagined. missed periods can be the sign of many other problems involving the uterus. there could be a tumor or cists or maybe hormonal problems. and have you ever heard of women who really believe they're pregnant and their body responds to what their brain tells it...
    of course get a second test by a different dr, just in case, because being pregnant would be the most simple solution. but if not, she should really talk to the dr about what else it could be because it could be very serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i would take another test and if it comes out pos. i would just call a doc and tell them i just took a test and came out pos. they will set an app for her to come in. most likely they will jam there hand up there to feel the utrus and be able to tell her ok your 6 weeks or what ever or maybe we should have u take a test here. and just go from there. good luck to your friend.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• She definitely needs to seek a second opinion.
    bl3ss3dm0m

Answer by bl3ss3dm0m at 1:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009