Eucharistic Adoration

I chose a more squishy definition for this today, as I think this is a mystical experience. And I might be placing the cart before the horse with this, considering that I haven't explained Eucharist yet. That will be the word for tomorrow. The reason it followed yesterday's is because the monstrance is the vessel used to expose the Eucharistic host -

Eucharistic Adoration is adoring or honouring the Eucharistic Presence of Christ. In a deeper sense, it involves "the contemplation of the Mystery of Christ truly present before us".

During Eucharistic Adoration, we "watch and wait", we remain "silent" in His Presence and open ourselves to His Graces which flow from the Eucharist ... By worshiping the Eucharistic Jesus, we become what God wants us to be! Like a magnet, The Lord draws us to Himself and gently transforms us.

In its fullest essence ... Eucharistic Adoration is "God and Man reaching out for each other, at the same time!"

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 8:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• "In its fullest essence ... Eucharistic Adoration is "God and Man reaching out for each other, at the same time!"

That's a beautiful concept!

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Interesting
    Mama2AmLi

Answer by Mama2AmLi at 9:30 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Yes it is. It can be a wonderful experience to meditate with the Eucharist.  I've enjoyed this time in the adoration chaple in my church.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• i agree w. Sharon, that sounds amazing!

what exactly is the Mystery of Christ? i figure since its capitalized it means something more than regular mystery.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• The Incarnation of God and Word made becoming fully human. The Divine, The Human and the combination of the two into the third Holy Spirit
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2012