waiting for inducement

So i had an appointment today and doctor wants to induce due to very LARGE baby. I measure 42 weeks on growth ultasounds.(we've done 3) He said to make another appointment for friday(my 39 week mark) to discuss the inducement and check cervix. He said he needs to call labor and delivery and all that. How does that work will he induce after the appointment on friday or a couple days away? When do you think or what happened in your case?Thanks so much!

babybump3166

Asked by babybump3166 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In mine which was similar to yours ( I had GD) I went in at my 38 weeks appointment and they set my induction for the monday following when I turned 39 weeks. I was sent to the hosp the night before and then the full induction went into play the next morning. It sounds like hes going to call and make the appt for your induction this week and tell you when to go to the hosp. It could be that day or a day or two later. Just be prepared in either case.

Answer by gemgem at 11:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• in my case i went to the dr my 39 week one.. and i was 4-5 cm dilated and he told me he was going to send me over to L&D and set everything up i went over gave all my insurance stuff and everything set up an appointment. i had to call them an hour before I left to make sure there was still enough bed opened. I did that- and of course there wasn't so i was up allnight waiting for their phone call- finally called them at 8 said i cant go in.. call back at 6 that night.. i did and finally i got in lol- it was a veryyy long 24 hours but i had an amazing L&D. GOod Luck!!!!!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was induced with both my kids. The first I was 40 weeks. They didn't want me going past my due date bc I would end up with a 10 pound baby and I am very small. He had me come in the day before he induced me to check me and everything. He told me to be at the hospital at 10 in the morning the next day.
    Baby number 2 I was iniduced a wek early to try to make the baby smaller than my first (long story), but it didn't work that way. He had me come in to be checked and things then he also had me come in the next day he scheduled that appointment for 4am the next morning. I haven't seen a dr induce you on the day that you go to your appointment, but I may be wrong.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was induced at 38 weeks. I'm a type 2 diabetic, I had frequent ultrasounds and they were worried the baby was too large. The night before I was told to insert primrose oil pills, which was disgusting and I would never do again. I went the next day at about 7:30 in the evening. I was given a room and went to sleep. They started inducing at 7am and after a long day of having too strong and close together contractions from the pitocin I had a c-section. At 9:30pm my son was born weighing in at 6 pounds 10 ounces (some 10 pounder all right) and was wearing premie clothes, lol. I don't trust those "You're baby is HUGE" crap.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was induced at 40 weeks and went into labor but we ended up having a c-section. I don't think it had to do with being induced, my son was 8lbs 10oz and wouldn't fit out!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2009