anyone been to destin?

we are going to destin this summer-i need pointers. we want a hotel on the beach-that isn't too pricey, yet nice enough-ya know? we can't spend 300$ a night for sure. any tips?

hw1977

Asked by hw1977 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Travel

• Destin is beautiful but I have not been in years, so I'm not help with specific locations. Have you tried Hotels.com?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, Destin is beautiful. I remember we stayed in the Embassy Suites once and its just across the street from the beach and then we stayed in a private house once too. As far as beach fronts, I haven't stayed in one of those. Google Destin, FL and see if you can find a page devoted to that. We usually go to PC Beach which is about 30 min from there. GOod luck. I love the Gulf!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Four times and will end up going again in two years. We stay at Fairfield. It the best vacation spot ever. The beach is so clean and the water is crystal clear and calm. I highly recommend it!!!
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 1:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Going for the first time this summer. Got a great deal with Wyndham Resorts (Time Share). Yes, you must sit through a meeting...but to me worth it. We've done a trial membership with them before. Great resorts!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2009