Bale visits victims of Colorado shootings

AURORA, Colo. — Christian Bale may just play a superhero on film, but on Tuesday he was a real hero to a few people. Bale, the star of the new film, "The Dark Knight Rises," visited victims of the shootings in Aurora, Colorado. On Friday, July 20, 12 people were killed and nearly 60 injured when a gunman opened fire on a theater full of people waiting to see the new Batman film in Aurora. According to KDVR Bale was not representing Warner Bros., but made the visits on his own. This is Bale's first public appearance since the shootings, but the actor did release a statement regarding the incident. "Words cannot express the horror that I feel," Bale said in the statement."I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them."

How wonderful is this? He used his own funds to do this. Didnt contact the media saying he will be there it was all low key. That is an actor with a big heart.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• no the request had been going around before he stopped by, but that isn't why he did it i'm sure. it was awesome that he did it totally on his own without telling all the press and everything, although they sure got wind of it fast! all our news stations were sure to point out though that this was NOT a publicity stunt and just something he wanted to do for the victims.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• I don't think the request had anything to do with him going. How many big time actors or actresses actually see anything that Facebook does?? I think it is a great show to his character that he was willing to take time out of his schedule to see the victims and kept it low key.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• That is a wonderful gesture on his part. I'm sure the people he visited really appreciated it. :) Do you know what another nice gesture would be? If the production studio donated 1% of tickets sales to the victims' funds to help w/ medical bills. I'm not saying they are responsible in any way, but just feel with the projected box office draw for this film, it would be a great step toward healing & maybe more people would go see it if they knew a portion of their ticket went to a good cause. Just an idea. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• ..wondering..has BO stopped by? haven't seen anything in the news about it.

we're all thinking it, wondering it. lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-shooting-victims-wife-baby-7-victims-still-022659921.html

For the record, it appears BO has....from the linked article.

President Barack Obama, who traveled to Colorado on Sunday to comfort family members and victims, could speak about the gun control issue more broadly, White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Tuesday, declining to offer details or a time frame.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• BO has stopped by and people said he only did it to buy votes and dont believe he did it out of kindness. I dont think Romney has and if so it was never reported.
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2012