My little girl starts school this year :(

she will be going into kindergarten but i have no idea how to register her or anything! help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2012 in

• Call the District office and ask them how you go about registration. It's really easy, so don't stress. You might want to ask if you can have a tour of the school etc so your daughter isn't walking in without a clue on what the set up is like. Our boys biggest concern was where their classroom was, the bathroom, and cafeteria.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:20 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Mine too :(
    I have to register him next month and I do like the idea of giving him a little walk through.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Our school has a Kindergarten readiness program. Once a month starting in March they have an evening for the parents and kids to help everyone get to know the school, ride the bus, do and art project, and have a mock lunch period. With the bus ride they take the kids on a route, and then bring them back the way they would if it were a typical morning. It's really great. I think all schools should do this for little ones. It really helps them feel more comfortable about the whole school thing....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2012

• My son starts kindergarten this yesar too and he is my first my baby. I was really nervouse and unsure how to get him registered too. What I did was googled the closest elementary school to us and called them to see if we were in their boundary for my son to attend. When they said yes I went down there filled out a registration form and they asked for a copy of his shot records as well. They then gave me information on meet the teacher night and the first day of school. They should give you a form with school times as well so you know when to drop off and pick up ; )
    supgrl87

Answer by supgrl87 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Call the district office, or check their website.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Go to the local school she would attend in your neighbourhood & fill out the necessary forms, they need your I.D. and proof of address. I feel your pain mine starts too, but grade 1.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• My youngest starts kindergarten this fall too. Registration was in January for us. I would call the school ans see what you need to do. Most districts, at least around here, have minimal if any staffing right now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• I know the feeling. My son starts kindergarten next Tuesday! We had registration in March and tomorrow he gets to meet his teacher. We got a card in the mail telling that registration was coming up and closer to that date they sent the forms to fill out. I dont know if theyd do that where you live though.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 2:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Go to the school she will be attending
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2012

• Call the district office or go to the school nearest you.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2012