How do babies do if born at 32 weeks?

I don't feel like I'm going to make it much longer. I'm scared she might be coming early, will she be okay?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never had a pre-term baby myself, but I can speak for myself ( bing a pre-term baby) I was born at 26 weeks, and was in neonatal care for 7 months before coming home, but i turned out just fine ( a little small is all )
    They say baby girls born pre-term are more likely to survive, because girls are fighters :)
    At 32 weeks, you should be absolutely fine I would say, only what ??6 weeks early?? I would say she will be fine, and be discharged from the hospital within a few days :)
    Good luck!
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• 8 weeks until my due date, 7 weeks until my c-section...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• A friend of mine just had her son at 26 weeks. He is doing great and she said he should come home in 3 to 4 weeks.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• At 32 weeks the lungs still aren't fully developed. If she comes early, then expect and prepare for a NICU stay. I know someone whose baby was born at 36 weeks and still needed and NICU stay ;(

Try and just relax and don't do much if you can help it! Focus on keeping that baby in.

Good luck and I hope all is well. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• every baby is different, if you are really serious about it coming early you should see your doctor about steriod shots, they mature the lungs, my son was born at 34 weeks and was fine because of them, without the shots idk if he would have needed more help to breathe... good luck.. you should be on bed rest too... nicu are wonderful, find the best one in your area and deliver at that hospital or have stated orders to send teh child there when stable... my son was in the hospital for about 3 weeks. they usually keep them until they are 5 lbs. and drinking a bottle every 3 hours.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My daughter was born at 32 weeks. She was in the NICU for a month. She was 4 pounds at birth. She is so wonderful and healthy now. She is almost 1 1/2.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my son was born at 32 weeks. i took him home 2 days later.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I know someone whose daughter was born 6 weeks early. The girl is about 2 mos. now and very healthy (and big).
    Anonymous

• Technically, 32 weeks is the point that dr.s push to get a woman to before delivery if it looks like she will deliver early because the chance of survival and normal babies increases dramatically at 32 weeks. they are by no means ready and every extra day they spend in there helps...but they will be a lot better off than babies born before 32 weeks. good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I felt like I was going to have my daughter early b/c she was really low and it felt like she was trying to push out and sometimes it hurt down there to walk near the end.
    Anonymous