Why does anyone care if Michael Phelps smoked pot?

I have seen posts all over CM about this and some people are so outraged. Why? What business is it of yours? How does it affect you?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My kids dont look up to him so I dont care. I can see parents whose kids did caring because hes placed himself as an example whose admired and kids could copy him. Personally I dont have any respect for potheads, so it just tells me I was wise not to pay much attn to the guy in the first place.

Answer by gemgem at 11:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Personally I dont have any respect for potheads

Why not? Do you have no respect for responsible alcohol drinkers as well?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Apples and Oranges. Pot is illegal at the moment. Alcohol is not. I dont think alcohol or pot does anything for anyone but as it is someone drinking is obeying the law those smoking pot arent. That means to me they dont have respect for the law. If they dont respect that law what others dont they respect?

Answer by gemgem at 11:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I couldn't care less
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• We don't encourage our son to look at athletes as heroes. They are no one special just someone who has capitalized on a gift they have. We all have gifts so none of us are any better than anyone else. My son has no clue who this half wit is and if it is not football he doesn't care. Even in football he does not follow the players he like certain teams but not any particular player. He looks to his daddy, mommy and grandparents as heroes. If Michael Phelps wants to be a burn out go for it his brain cells he is killing not mine.  I will never allow my son to think of athletes, actors and other celebs as heroes or someone they should emulate.  That is pathetic so many do. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Wow "Anonymous", you've got this all thought out; why not put your name on it? Oh right, you're a chicken.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I dont care. How does it effect anytihng? He may an olympian but he is also a 23 year old kid. Big deal. Anyway, even though I do not smoke, i think it should be legal. The only bad thing about what he did is that it is illegal. If someone took a pic of him doing tequila shooters no one would care...even though they are way more harmful than a few hits on a bong.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• gemgem...do you always drive the speed limit. If not, then you are commiting a crime. Do you have no respect for the law?
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• WHO CARES?! I though it was funny actually.
    I seriously couldn't care less if he was snorting coke!
    I JUST DON"T CARE ! because guess what? it does change of affect my life one bit.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2009