Help with my vomiting baby!

I have a 3 month old that ever since he was born has had a problem with vomiting/spitting up.( when he does this it soaks a burp rag.) i get told im over feeding him. He was 9 lbs when he was born two and three oZ are not holding him. I started off with breast milk. he didnt get better so i put him on emfamil regular, that didnt help so we tried the enfamil AR, no luck so i tried soy milk with was a way no no got worse. I was then told to switch brands try similac sensitive i did which he is curently on he done really good at first but a week into it and now he has gotten worse what should i do. All i get from my dr is that im over feeding him by giving him four oz every three hours. He cries all the time. I also have a three year old that had this prob. but at two months i put him on soy and he was putting 8 oz down by four months old. Cereal is a big issue with this baby too that comes up worse than milk.

Capch

Asked by Capch at 11:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I doubt you're over feeding him. He may have a milk allergy try Similac Alimentum and see if that helps, or ask your doctor what you should do. But it sounds like a milk allergy to me.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Have you had your baby tested for reflux problems. I had a friend that had a baby that had problems with spitting up too much. It all came down to having reflux problems.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my son had the exact same problem, he is 8 months now and no more spitting up. i just let it run its course because the doctors always told me he is fine. I even went to the er! but they said try 2oz ever 1hr instead that didnt work i just did what my mother instint was and fill his bottle up add some cereal/oatmeal to the bottle and it helped some what but by the time he was 6 months he started to spit up less now he is 8 months and no more spitting up. so try feeding less but more frequently if not it will pass dont stress =D
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• souds like reflux, my baby is three months and we are going thru the same thing. he cries a lot too. we went to a specialist and they said he has severe reflux. some things that help are holding him upright when we feed him and thirty minutes after also. we elevate his crib too so that he is on a 45 degree angle and it seems to have helped some..
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2009