I don't watch the news. So I'll ask you.

Is Obama doing some kind of stimulus payment like Bush did?

Go ahead, bash me for not paying attention. Just please answer the question too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• lol, now you know CM's cant resist!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• No, his stimulus plan is more about job creation and tax breaks for the lower classes. The only way that you will receive a stimulus check, if I am not mistaken, is if you qualified to receive one last year and didn't.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Girl, you owe it to yourself to pay attention. Your hard-earned tax dollars are involved here. The money doesn't just fall out of the sky. It's striped from the working American and given out...and must be paid back :-( You need to be aware of what the government is doing with your hard earned cash. To answer your question. Yes. Is it like Bush's plan? I have no clue. Despite staying up on current evens and politics, I still had no clue what the heck Bush's plans were about. http://www.newsweek.com/id/182762

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If Republicans get their way it will be only about tax cuts and job creation. All the pork that Democrats have put in will be removed. We will see. Democrats may have enough votes to get this through. If they do and it fails we can blame Democrats solely for this disaster. The last bail out was mostly passed my Democrats in the Senate with some Republicans and signed by Bush.  So there was shared blame there.  Hopefully, what the Republicans propose will be what is passed.  A 5 percent across the board tax cut for those who actually pay in taxes will help it has worked before and will work again. 

Anonymous

• No matter who gets their way, you will not receive a stimulus check for 2009.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't want a stimulus check. I gave the last one to my grandmother. We don't need checks we need tax cuts it will help the middle income out and they are who keeps the economy going.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely anon 12:22
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You will not receive a check. The stimulus will not create jobs. This stimulus package is the biggest rip off in American history and will send our economy on a spiral to a HUGE recession that our children's children will still be paying for. To put it into perspective, there is SO much pork spending that if you took that money and allocate it to the unemployed, each unemployed American citizen would get $75,000.00. Now NObama wants to stimulate the economy, do just that, give it to the unemployed instead of wasteful pork spending.

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• HOW LOWER CLASS DO YOU HAVE TO BE?

If your low class enough, you didn't pay any in, so you shouldn't get ANY back.

Just sayin'
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The stimulus package will not stimulate the economy. There is very little, if any, in the package in the way of job creation and economic stimulus.

BTW, the last stimulus check was YOUR money that you had paid in via taxes. It wasn't money that was just created and gifted to you.

The best way to stimulate the economy is not by giving people money, unemployed, poor or otherwise. Change the tax system, go to ta ax on what you spend plan and no capital gains and you will see an influx of money into the economy like never before....
    Anonymous