SO frustrated with my son!!

I am at a loss with him! He is 4.5 years old and talks back constantly. Talking with him about his actions doesn't work, spanking him doesn't work, time outs don't work...I just resorted to popping his little mouth! I'm SICK OF IT! I can't say anything to him without getting a smart allec remark back. He resists everything I say. My other kids aren't like this...it's HIM. What in the heck am I supposed to do to get him under control if NOTHING works?

I hate feeling mad at him all the time. I hate that he doesn't listen. I hate that he talks back to me and screams at me. I hate that he gets me so worked up that I shake. I get so frustrated I scream like a crazy nut-case and I hate it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• The next time he sasses you wash his mouth out with soap.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son does this to. I put him in his room and let him scream his head off. He embarasses me EVERYWHERE I go with his out bursts, I am not above putting everything down and leaving. I do not negotiate with terrorists, lol. But if you do find a cure, let me know. The screaming is so annoying and disrespectful, I usually end up going to my room and screaming in a pillow because it gets to the point where it's beyond the bad thing he did, to where I'm freaking mad. It's like I can't discipline him. I hate it too.
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• please do not wash a childs mouth out with anything you never know what they may be allergic too and it could cause more harm then good there is a mother in the state of new hampshire who did that too her 13yr old daughter and almost killed her and is now in jail because of that first off with him being so young i would have him checked out it could be something he has no control over also try play groups this way he can be around others his own age and learn from the other kids on how to behave
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2009