Newborn w/allergies?

She's three weeks old and one of her eyes is always matted down w/goopy sleepies everytime she wakes up.... today they were a dark yellow. Has anyone had this happen? Anything I can do? She sneezes a lot but I asked her doc and they told me shes to young for her to have allergies like that...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it may be a blocked tear duct, ask your doctor to check it.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• wipe her eyes gently with a soft warm cloth, it will clear up. My son , both sons done that i just cleaned them. I have a three month old that has sneezed since he was born.
    Capch

Answer by Capch at 12:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• it sounds like a clogged tear duct.
    typically an allergic reaction is much more severe--hives, rashes or difficulty breathing.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• sounds like a blocked tear duct. You can gently massage it with the tip of your finger a few times a day to help it to open up. (You push on the tear duct which is at the "pointy" part of the eye up against the nose, does that make sense?)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009