So now I ask for prayers *UPDATE* Thanks, ladies!

My mil was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago, thank G-d she discovered it on time, had a mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy and survived.
On monday she had surgery to remove her other breast as a precaution and to get cosmetic implants. For our family, that somehow signaled the closing of a bad time, the beginning of something new. She was doing beautifully, in fact she was to be discharged tomorrow.
A few minutes ago my fil called that she started having pain on her left leg, as she was being checked the doctor noticed her oxygen levels weren't good and as a precaution mover her to the ICU to keep her monitored in case she developed a blood clot from her surgery.
DH just left for the hospital, I'm here babysitting my 2 boys.
Please keep her on your thoughts and prayers!

Sharon

momto2boys973

Asked by momto2boys973 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Done!
    LadyLotus3

Answer by LadyLotus3 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• YOu are all in my thoughts. I send you all positive energy.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• Thanks everyone!
    We finally know what happened and it's unbelievable. The day before her surgery, my mil slipped in the shower and hit her back. She didn't think much of, she had pain, but nothing too excruciating. During her surgery, the doctor saw that her rib was broken, so they fixed it. It was a ha-ha funny story that we didn't think much of.
    It turns out the broken rib punctured her lung and that's why she wasn't oxygenating properly, the pain on her leg, completely unrelated, it could've simply been bad posture and because she was on heavy painkillers she didn't feel it until she was taken off them.
    So she's in the ICU now getting her lung inflated, but it's a much better scenario than the pulmonary embolism we suspected at first.
    What's really freaky is that if she hadn't had the surgery, this would've happened at home, not the hospital. It's funny how things come together, huh? :)

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Comment by momto2boys973 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• I will keep her in my prayers. PEs are scary, but she's in the hospital and they know what to watch for and how to help her.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• Of course I will. Wishing her a speedy recovery as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• WOW, glad things worked out as they did and she is doing better.
    LadyLotus3

Answer by LadyLotus3 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2012