• In the Spotlight:

dont need this again

yesterday all the girl scouts went to the state house..my daughter didnt go.my friend (the leader called me up to tell me about it..then she said that she was glad that my daughter didnt go cause sometimes my daughter takes her friend away from her daughter.she said my daughter was mean.and that her and her husband decided that the girls would not play anymore.i was upset.i dont know why that woman would call up and say that.when i see her she says how good my daughter is and how she loves having my daughter over to her house..my daughter has a slight learning disibility and and is introverted.i dont know what to do...the moms shouldnt have gotten involed..please be nice.but i dont know what to do.this woman was my )bff) i dont know what happened/

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• It sounds to me like the bff is over you should not have to hear that from anyone especially a friend, there are too many people in this world to be friends with. Not someone who is so negative and hurtfull. Sometimes in life as hard as it is u must get rid of the negativity in your life, no matter how long you have been friends. Good luck
    darcy138

Answer by darcy138 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• frogdawg pretty much summed it up nicely. This woman is acting more like a child than the girls she's supposed to be a role model for, which is very sad, and I am sure not the type of person the Girl Scouts want representing their organization any more than you would want this type of person to be an influence on your child, so please let them know what is going on. As for your friendship with this woman, seems to be that your "bff" has already decided that she doesn't want to have that role in your life anymore - I'm sorry.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i would take your daughter out of that troop and see if you can get her in too a different one all together also have you looked in too putting her in too special Olympics it was the one place that i loved to be as a child cause all the kids where so nice and sweet i grew up with epilepsy so the schools wouldnt let me do the sports with them out of fear i would get hurt i joined them when i was 10 and stayed till i was 19 and too this day i am still friends with one of the girls threw them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2009