Just got word that our school counselor husband passed should i have the girls

my daughters school counselor husband passed away tonight. The girls absolutely think the world of her and she of them. She helped them so much over the past 3 years. Should i have them send her a sympathy card? I know she will not be at school on first day because of this, I feel so bad for her and her family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2012 in

• We have the same situation going on right now. One of our favorite teachers at my kids' school just lost her husband last night. I am going to have the boys make her a card and we are going to buy her a gift card to a restaurant so she doesn't have to cook.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• I am sorry for her loss and my answer is yes. When something similar hppened in one of our schools , any cards were delivered by the school to the teacher in question. I think it would be a nice gesture and would give comfort to this lady.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• Anything handmade would be a nice gesture.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:08 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• yeah i would let the kids make cards or pictures for her. and i would also add a note inviting her over for dinner or something. just something to let her know that you care and are there for her if she needs or wants it. sorry about her lost.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• It would be a nice gesture. Has the school said anything about the funeral arrangements, like the times for the wake or shiva. They can go to support her. In Judaism, it is customary to send food to the bereaved family so they shouldn't have to worry about cooking.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• Yes I would have them send her something or take a dish to her.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• He passed away yesterday so we do not yet know when the funeral is, this is such a tight nit little community. So i am sure we will hear soon,. He done so much for the school to. When i told my daughter she was telling me how he was about helping them with behavior or if they had trouble with math he was there for them. So i was wrong they did know him. I only had the pleasure of meeting him once.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2012

• Yes I think that would be nice
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2012

• absolutely. I'd probably bake some casseroles, munchies, etc and make a care package of of some kind and maybe surprise her by mowing the lawn or something
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2012