has anyone ever gottne a false negative?

beore the "question police" start in on me i have taken 2 tests but they were3 day apart my last 2 periods have opnly been 2 days each dec19-23 and jan 13-15, i didnt take one in jan but i took one on xmas and on the 29th of dec both neg's but i was thinkin after my 2nd period acted up that maybe the test conudlnt tell cuz even though my period was over it still should have been going.. i did miss with my son and the test showed pos the first time but every time is different.. jsut wodnering

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I got a negative 2 days before I missed my period before. I was so upset. Then I ended up missing my period and took another test the day after and it was positive. This was using a ept test also. It said 5 days before your missed period. It was negative until after I missed it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have gotten flase negatives, but only because I tested too early. If your period was due when you tested then your result was most likely very accurate.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I've had that happen when I was pregnant w/our son... I finally gave up buying the EPT brand and waited 1 more week and thus, when we got home we finally got a positive.... Oh and we were not intimate that entire time either-the week between tests just to make sure... Also, I had several that gave no readings at all..... SO, that was very aggrivating!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• YES! I got a neg with my DD one day before my period was due with one of the EPT for dummies, you know the on that says 'pregnant' 3 days later it was positive
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i got 4 negative test although 1 negative was my fault lol .
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I got a negative after I was 2 weeks and 1 day late! and that was with an early response test lol If you think you are either wait awhile and test again or call the dr for a blood test! Good luck and baby dust!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009