WHEN IS THE FIRST TIME THAT YOU CAN GET AN APPOINTMENT?

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually after you miss 2 periods you have your first appointment. Around 8 weeks.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Normally around 8-10 weeks, each doctor varies just a little bit.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Each doctor is a little different. But usually not until you are 6 - 10wks along. I was 7wks, for my first appt then went in every 4 weeks after that.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 12:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Once you realize you have missed a period, and have taken a HPT with a positive result it is good to call your OB to make an appoinment. Given how busy most OB offices are, your appointment will be a few weeks out from there, usually you will be at least 7 weeks by then.

First appointments are fun, they do a vaginal ultrasound to see how far along you are (by measuring your little jellybean) and give you a due date range. And if you're past ten weeks, they might be able to hear a heartbeat! Congrats on the baby!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009