any one else sick of the self appointed mommy police?

i dont take it to heart but its still ANNOYING! why do they care how someone else raises their child as long as they are not beatin or neglectin them... who gives a damn.. any1 agree?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Heres how I look at it. They don't bother me in the least. If I know what I am doing is fine with me and working for my child, then I don't ask for advice. Its not important to me if someone thinks what I am doing is wrong. There comes a point in your life where you get on down the road and you become more secure in your choices and lifestyle. I have never asked someone about not vaccinating my child, never asked them about spanking, never asked them if I should formula feed or breast feed, never asked them if I should homeschool. I simply do not care if someone thinks I am teaching my child to be narrow minded or thinks my values are silly or if I am on assistance or making millions. When the verdict is in on my childrens future, there will be no one standing with me to take the fall or the credit. Its all mine so I have to be secure in what I am choosing. Once you become secure in your choices, the opinions won't bother you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I do agree, however, I do realize that its just how some people are. I don't mind so long as they don't go to far. I think some people forget that the person they are bashing is human to and they they can seriously hurt them with your words.
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 12:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I agree. The thing is, moms come here for advice and when they do, they open themselves up for a whole lot of criticism by the moms that think they're perfect. Some moms here are new and really NEED advice because they don't have anyone else to ask.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I agree if we keep taking kids away from parents we are going to make the system worse than what it is. Trying to place all these kids has to be hard,maybe abuse is preasent in the new homes to.I've heard of going from bad to worse,it's hard on these kids.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I agree.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 12:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• THANK YOU!! I'm all for getting and receiving advice but sometimes someone goes too far.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree. I know it is harsh but if you have enough time to bash other women for not doing things your way, then go pop out another kid and leave me alone.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Definately agree, it's no ones buisness and who do they think they are?
    I hate te mommy bashing....
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Hallelujah!!
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• well kinda, but they are creating people that will care for us when we are old, who will run this society and our children as adults will have to deal with... i think everyone need to pick the important battles but it is good to care about other fam's///
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009