would you preffer to speak/read/write in ONE language very well or in THREE languages fluently?

I was one offendet by another cafemom member, she called me an uneducated mom.... I mean my english might not the perfect, I wasn't born in US. But I do speak/read/ and write in three languages so I deffenatly do not consider myself uneducated... But for some reason it really got stuck in my head:(

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• dont let her get to you if you can speak three languages i pretty sure your not stupid im not dumb and i only know one language
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I wish I knew three languages, that's pretty cool.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I greatly admire people who are fluent in more than one language. My highest respect to you. I am only able to speak in my native language.

Answer by Bmat at 12:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Which languages do you speak? I'm bilingual. Don't let some stuffy mom make you feel bad about yourself. Many native speakers make mistakes all the time and this is their mother language. Don't worry about it!!
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, as well as english I'd like to be fluent in spanish and italian.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 2:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I wish I knew more languages, especially ASL!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Three languages definitely!
    Macysheryl

Answer by Macysheryl at 8:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I know 3 lenguages. The 3rd i didn't have much of a choice but to take it. Elemtr. school requirement. I chose to keep takin it for 9 yrs. for the heck of it. Im not perfect at it, but it was fun while it lasted. I would like to know french, just for fun. Its just neat to understand a few words people say in other lenguages. I can teach my kids the colors in german some day just for fun. I know i wont b needing it anywhere else.
    LilMumster

Answer by LilMumster at 11:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009