Do you smoke? If yes, did you smoke when you were pregnate?

I did, with both of my children. I did switch to lights though. My Dr, for my second child, actually told me that a pack a day wouldnt harm the baby. I think he was kinda old school..... My kids did turn out ok, though. Both weighin around 6 lbs when born.

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes I did with all three of my kids one was 7lb 11 oz the next was 6lb 90z and my last was 8lb 2 oz I did have regret for not quiting but did cut My kids are just fine

Answer by JESSMCARTER325 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant. That was 4 years ago.

Answer by Leslie03 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my stepmom smoked with my lil sister like normal (3 packs a day or more)
    and lowered herself to one pack /lil bro

they both scratched their ears to bleeding when they were babies cause they had so many ear infections

Answer by vakatia at 6:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I quit smoking as soon as I found out I was pregnant with my first. Didn't go back because I couldn't juggle the baby and going out for a smoke!

Answer by manna1qd at 6:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I stopped smoking with my first child and havent smoked since. A friend of mine had a baby and she smoked through her whole pregnancy, her baby wasnt fine. He has asthma really bad still and he is 8 years old. He is going to have to deal with that his whole life and it is probably realited to her smoking. He also had minor problems at birth where he had to be kept in the special care just isnt worth the risk.

Answer by MommyMel03 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i did though i regret it it was just so hard to quit. but both my babies were perfectly healthy over 8 lbs both and hardly any ear infections

• I quit when I found out I was pregnant (both times!)

• Not proud to say it, but I smoked with all 3. I cut wayyyyy back and smoked ultra lights, and fortunately they were all perfectly healthy. 6lb 1 oz, 6 lb 7 oz, and 7 lb 7 oz. I'm small 5'2" and only weighed 100 lbs when I started. One or two ear infections in the first year for all. None since then. My fiances boy had and has ear infections all the time and his mother didn't smoke. I was lucky, I think. I wish I never started smoking.

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• doc says if u smoke regularly that it is worse to stop cold turkey than to keep smoking. ONly because when u stop your body has withdrawels and your baby is now a part of your body. my sister continued with her pregnancy. i had like 2 cigs left the day i found out.. i smoked the rest of them that day and havent touched one since.. as much as withdrawels, i havent even thought about a cig because im so excited with the baby.. reading about it and eveyrthing.. but talk with ur doctor :)

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I quit when I found out I was pregnant.

Answer by jharve at 3:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2008