What was your worst Valentines Day? What happened?

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well.
    It was after a lot of snow in the midwest, so I was snowed in pretty much.
    I sat around all day since it was a snow day from school.

I was 9mo pregnant and watching Mythbusters when I started having "braxton hicks."
    Until one took my breath away and I realized that, for the past half an hour, I had been having regular contractions every 4-5min apart.

So, my older brother dug my mom's car out of the snow and she took me to the hospital.
    Come to find out I was 9cm dilated and they wanted to take me to a room and have me push.

About 4hrs later, my doctor broke out the little plunger thing because the baby was having breathing difficulties.

And, at 11:57pm on Valentine's Day '07, my daughter popped out.
    Quite literally as well.

Ever since then, Valentine's Day no longer exists to me.
    When I send cards to family, I cross out the Valentine's Day part and write "Happy Allie birthday!"
    Betty.Wrong

Answer by Betty.Wrong at 1:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was dumped the day before...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I spent a ton of money on my ex and he didn't get me anything....One of the many reasons he's my ex now. lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was forced to have an abortion because my boy friend found out i was pregnant. He took me to the clinic , telling me it was just a regular dr. When I figured out what was going on I tried to leave, he grabbed me, threw me up against the car and threatened my family. Then escorted me back in, and insisted he be allowed to go with me through the porceedure becuse "i had anxiety issues" . When all was said and done, he beratted me the whole way home telling me I was a disgrace and he would never have a child with a person like me.
    Anonymous

• Okay this is a sad story but, my biological father called me the day before...drunk I think, and kept saying, "no matter what happens, now you know the truth." He was referring to the fact that I just found he didnt know I was his and so it was okay he wasnt in my life (I was 25 at the time). The next day he hung himself. They put the 15th of Feb for his obituary and burial for a less dramatic effect(especially because I know he knew that killing himself on V-Day would really make an impact for those he wanted to hurt), and thats when he was officially discovered by police in his apartment. Thats the event I always associate V-Day with, so I guess he wins.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• we had very little money for valentines day and I was 8 months prego and at that point taking total care of my husband (who was not ready to grow up) and his friend (also not ready to grow up). DH knew it was valentines day, said they were going out and I assumed to get me something. They came back with a new video game and hubby gave me a pack of peppermints that he got for free from the store he bought the video game at. Then they spent the rest of the day and night playing the new game. He shall never make that mistake again. lol
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• 12:31 anon, I am sooo sorry. That is a horrible memory to have.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009