NOW THAT IM 4 WEEKS I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT AN APPOINMENT YET UNTIL 8 WEEKS BUT CAN THEY CHECK YOU EVEN IF YOU FIND OUT AHEAD OF TIME???

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you saying you want them to run a test for you? and you are not sure they will if you took a home test?

Or do you want to be checked sooner?

If you really feel you need to be checked right now go to your urgent care or regular doctor they can run the test too.

If your saying you are not sure they will check you if you already took a home test then, dont worry they have to run their own test its procedure.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Check you for what? Most doctors will do a blood/urine test in the beginning if that's what you're asking about. They won't do an ultrasound yet.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure what you are asking..But, usually when I take a pregnancy test the first thing I do is go to my family doctor and they test to make sure I am and give me sample prenatals to last me until I have my first OBGYN appointment.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My OB was really good about doing anything to ease my mind. I had like 5 or 6 ultrasounds. LOL.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Doing a sonogram so early might not show much, because even at 8 weeks the baby looks like a tiny jellybean not even half the size of your pinky nail. If you just want further confirmation of pregnancy with a doctor feel to it, you can get a free PG test at planned parenthood, and they can give you info on medical insuarance, doctors, and all of that if you don't have it already. They'll also give an approximate due date.

We did that after I had a positive HPT, and aside from the mob of angry protesters outside it was a very informative and pleasant experience.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• ...and at the first OBGYN appointment they do an ultrasound to confirm the due date =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009