what would u do

what would u do if ur hubby for almost 6 years told u he didnt love u anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• ask him is it because its getting boring? if it is it could be confusing for him he might think you dont love him. ask if you can try counciling,try new things etc.
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I am very sorry if this happened to you. It must be heartbreaking. First I'd try to think of what is different 6 from 6 years ago- it is something that I could change- for example if he likes baseball and I used to talk about baseball but have stopped, I try it again. What has changed about you, or is it he who has changed? Is there something you could to to adjust to the changes? Or, imagine that you are another lady and you want to court the guy, what would you do to court him? Take a good look at him and what he likes and act as though you were just now dating him and trying to get him interested. Counseling could well help. If he refuses, then it may be that he doesn't want to save the marriage. Just in case, it might be wise to get a bank account in your own name and start thinking about how you can support yourself- maybe not needed, but I'd protect myself and children.

Answer by Bmat at 12:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'm very sorry that you are dealing with this. I agree with the above poster about getting marriage counseling. If he refuses to get counseling to help save the marriage then ask if he will go to help you deal with his decision. After six years I'd think he owes you that much. In going to marriage counseling it could help you understand his reasons for not feeling as though he's in love anymore and it may open a few things up to him also. Hopefully this is something that can be saved. If not, I still recommend counseling so that everyone involved can come to terms with this major change in your lives.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would cry. and then ask why after I had calmed down and went though my self pittying phase which usually lasts about 30 min. Then I would take him to the cleaners if he decided to leave, just cause i am a twit that way.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would ask why and if there was anything I could do to make him feel like he loved me again.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• personally i would be relieved! then i'd say, yeah me neither, let's move on. but that's a painful thing to hear if you don't feel the same way. i'm sorry.
    Anonymous