Has this crossed your mind lately especially during these hard times? Do you want eternal life and know Jesus Christ? If this isn't for you just skip it no bashing.

There are some here who aren't sure if they died today that they would be in heaven. Here is a sample prayer for those that are ready to surrender to Christ.

"Heavenly Father, I come before you as a sinner recognizing that I need you. I believe in you and that your Word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for all my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless. Lord Jesus come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior from this day forward. May your Holy Spirit help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life.
I give you my whole life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 12:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Good Post - very timely

good

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I wish I could grasp organized religion. I have always wanted to be a part of it, even though I dont believe in Christianity, I do believe in God. It can be hard, because not many organizations come together like that in any community.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'm with the above poster - I wish I weren't so...smart/cognizant so that I could be brainwashed into an organized religion. Seems like life would be sooo much easier.
    I've tried before, but it never sticks. For me, logic beats out all else...
    Anonymous

• Well, I don't view those who do it as brainwashed. I just lose respect for those who tout it, and then act hypocritical in any way. Its for them, just not for me. I do wish there was something for non-believers to gather and become a community....but Im know Im dreaming.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 1:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• True, some aren't what you might call "brainwashed," but that's how it would be for ME, I think.
    Anonymous

• I have no respect for any one who can not think for themselves and base their whole lives on on book. And yes it is a book written by men, translated over and over.
    Anonymous

• Omg.JCRestoredme, don't listen to that post. Your words have have been so inspiring .Peace to you.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• There is huge difference between organised religion and a relationship with Christ. What is seen alot of is organised religion. Jesus never intended it to be that way. Organised religion is full of rules and laws but Love is above all that. Jesus is all about relationship and the power of His love is what changes the heart of man. Not religion! What you want to know is are you loved for who you are and will you allow Love to prepell you to be whom He has called you to be on this earth. Someone who is full of His love will want to further the Kingdom of Heaven not shove rulesand laws down a persons throat! It grieves me that too many churches are about how big they can get and how high and lofty they are. I found a church that is so opposite of that. They humble themselves and the love people to life. Yes the church has grown but thats not there motive! There agenda is to see lives changed , people loved and grow...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• a family atmosphere. To be healed and set free and know they are loved as children of God, Daughters of an amazxing father and a princess to the King of Kingd. I detest organized religion and love having a relationship with my beloved Jesus ! May you one day see that its all about Him! Blessings!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• ugh forgive the typos and spelling errors ! thanks!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009