Do you know why marijuana is illegal?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• nope
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• MPO is that it isn't {pure}; it usually has something else mixed in with it. In "my day" it was PCP - it could be anything today. The additions are what makes it unsafe and therefore illegal ...

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

One can get laced weed but it costs extra, not fiscally prudent for dealers to put other drugs in w/o the customers knowledge. Dh and his uncle have smoked over 40 years and NEVER gotten laced weed w/o asking for it.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• No clue and I don't care. Several of my family member grow pot in their homes for their own personal use. It is the pure stuff but unfortunately it has effected their brains over the years. One uncle now cannot even speak in coherent sentences. He has never drank alcohol or did any other drug. It is the pot that is destroying his brain cells. He smokes about twice a day for the past 25 years. Other cousins are like him and they are all employed in low paying positions since they don't have the brain power to do more. Very sad and pathetic.

Anonymous

• Here is a history on mj prohibition

LINK

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Actually Frogdawg, it was Hearst Publishing and DuPont Chemicals who had come up with a new way to make newsprint that started it. Add in the fact that is was popular with jazz musicians, mostly black, and mexicans it was pretty easy for them to convince the average person it was evil.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Friday? Are you still trying to make Micheal Phelps look bad? .....yeah yeah yeah....we get it we get it......you don't want that as a example for your children. Geez. But we are not stupid- we are aware of the bads of MaryJane....
    Anonymous

• LMAO anon, you are funny.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'm guessing cuz it messes with your mental state? But so does alcohol. To be honest, I've been way more tossed after 2 alcoholic drinks than I've ever been after smoking two bowls of weed!
    Anonymous

• I am not too sure why it is. I frankly don't understand the big deal- I mean they sell poison in cigarettes, and no one really make a huge deal about it. It seems to me that because a person can grow weed themselves it "needs" to be ilegal. This is what I think. I think if a person can do this themselves its illegal because they can't tax the hell out of a person. If they could control weed like they do other "feel good chemicals" like cigarettes and alcohol that people would be allowed to have it. Think of like this- Now if someone was in a wreck and they were high, people would say "Oh they were high! Stinkin potheads are so dangerous, so unpredictable, and causing trouble". But if it was a drunk, most just say "Thats ashame, and they were drunk? You have to be careful, drunk drivers are everywhere"
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2009