Calorie counting website/app

I think i am overlooking this calorie counting thing. I signed up for and downloaded some of the apps for keeping track of my calories, and i do not like the ones i got. Most of the items are member added and they all have different calorie counts for supposedly the same thing. How do you know which one to choose.
The ones i have been using are sparkpeople, myfitnesspal and Lose it.
Is there one better? I want to be as accurate as possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• I like noom app
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 4:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• I like myfitnesspal. I like that I can just scan the upc codes and enter in my serving size and the options for veggies and other things without upc's are super easy to find.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• I use www.caloriecount.about.com

Love it.  It's more accurate and user friendly to me than MFP.  Sparkpeople.com is good for learning info about exercise and nutrition but I hate their calorie tracker.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• I don't use one- I count them myself and keep a notebook. I honestly find it easier than trying to use any of those sites. I DO use sparkpeople to keep track of my workout time and whatnot though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:29 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• I use MFP, and yes they're usually member added but you can look through and find ones that have been rated accurate the most, or match up to whatever it is you're eating. For example: Say you look up a type of crackers and there are 20 entries for it. You can look at them and see which ones have been "confirmed" the most, then cross reference your box of crackers to make sure before adding it. You can also scan the barcode to bring up items, usually. Sometimes I've found that it doesn't always find what I'm looking for, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• Hey, I have been using SPARKPEOPLE too -- I like that site and find it to be very helpful !! With no crazy obligations, too!

goodGood luck to you!

isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2012