is it possible to suffer from postpartum depression before baby arrives?

I feel like I'm loosing my grip folks. I cry over everything, yell at my kids all the time, bitch about all of my friends and neighbors. I want to just be left alone all the time. Am I going nuts or what?

beantownbaby

Asked by beantownbaby at 12:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, postpartum means AFTER birth. Pregnancy hormones will really screw you up when you're pregnant though.
    Anonymous

• its called being pregnant. :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's just your hormones...and they probably won't go back to normal right after birth either. My son is almost 7 months and I'm still way over emotional and I wasn't like that at all before I got pregnant.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• it is possible to suffer from depression while pregnant. If you think you are depressed tell you ob. get some to evaluate you to make sure. If you really think you are depressed dont take" its just hormones" from anyone. IT MAY NOT BE JUST HORMONES!! get help ,you and your baby are worth it.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i go through the same thing- i cry at the drop of a dime- yell at the kids about nothing (it makes me feel horrible) and i argue with my fiance for nothing- i feel like im being mean to his 18 yr old and 13 yr old from other relationship for no reason- its like im turning into a monster! lol- but the upside is that my fiance is understanding and he tells me i must be having a girl because im acting like a bitch all the time- lol but i just wanted to let u know ur not alone
    Anonymous