Daschle has withdrawn nomination for cabinet

what do you think?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• From what I understand, he still has a backup job. Pity.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Obama is glad I am sure. He ran on change so far he is doing the status quo and then some. He is a politician through and through. lol
    Anonymous

• Good start...now what about Geiter the tax cheat WHO IS SUPPOSED TO RUN THE IRS!!!!!
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 1:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• lol, good one mojitomama
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• anon 1:26 it was senator Jim Demint (R) who called for the withdrawl

Obama was "sad"
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Obama was happy about it and I would wager it was his idea. He will say he is sad about the withdrawl. He has also said he is the man making decisions and that is one thing he has said I do believe.
    Anonymous

• anon please refer to mojitomamas post above....also if you want article's I have them :)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's a step in the RIGHT direction. I think it shows there were enough people (like many of us) who voiced our opinion and made enough noise that he had no other choice. His lack of following the RULES and LAWS in regards to IRS dealings tainted any experience he had. It sends a decent message of accountability, imo. Obama being sad?!? If he cared about accountability, he would have been the leader of CHANGE and picked a new nominee who hasn't commited the type of fraud that would put the "normal joe" behind bars.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Thank heavens
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• ditto all of the wise answers before me by some really awesome wise CM's...all but the anon ones that is! lol
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 5:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009