Help with gift for soldiers going away party

My uncle is going away to afganastan for the 3 rd time, we are having a going away party for him on sunday. What is a good gift to get for this party.

lolagirlkoch

Asked by lolagirlkoch at 1:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• maybe a photo album of family pictures and pictures of home. calling cards might be a good idea too
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• good luck to your uncle and thank him for what he does. its really appreciated
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• get a box, and have people bring items for a care package you can mail to him when he arrives (baby wipes, telephone cards, candy, always appreciated!)
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• if he doesnt already have one, a porable dvd player. my dh loved his when he was deployed
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'll second the baby wipes and candy - and socks. I don't know if it's just my cousin, but apparently military washing machines eat way more socks than they do at home.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I like trixiebelle2's idea of the care package box that you can later mail him. good luck to him and tell him thank you for all he had done and is doing for our nation!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Porn-don't want to offend, I know its your uncle-but maybe someone else can get it for him? Could you imagine all that stress and no release. Just an idea.
    Anonymous

• pictures and stuff def.

my hubby went to afgan. for 15 months.... i would send care packages with things like baby wips, q-tips, candy, american ciggerates (shh :)), things they use everyday... little things we think nothing of they covet over there.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• CD's baby wipes,Phone cards.....If he doesn't have a web cam!!!!!!!!! A subscription to his fav mag(NOT PORN......that's not allowed) LOTS of pics fro home!!! Beef jerky if he likes it.....crackers.....they get free bottled water my son loves the little packets that you pour in the bottle for flavor!

BlueStarMom88

Answer by BlueStarMom88 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i would get a note book and have everyone in the family right something wonderful about him so that when he gets lonely he can read it and remember all of those who love him and care for him. it will keep his spirits up.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009