Why do people say marijuana is ok because it's natural? It's illegal!!!

Opium is natural too....so are shrooms. Are those ok as well? Aren't we all parents and tell our kids to not do drugs, etc? When we have children, shouldn't we be past the "drug" phase?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Entertainment

• opium is natural too. But that's illegal.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i dont do drugs, but the only reason marijuana is illegal is because the government cant tax it, so if it was legal, then would you still feel the same?
    Anonymous

• Its not about it being natural...lots of things natural are horrible for you. Its about it not being bad for you yet its still illegal. Its about gov't money and that's it.
    When I tell my kids not to do it will be because its illegal not because of some made up negative side effects.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Even if it was legal, I would feel the same. IMO it's a recreational drug, which is not ok
    Anonymous

• because it should not BE illegal. It is natural but not only that, it doesn't affect your brain or actions the way other narcotics can. I have never heard of a violent pothead or a menacing pothead. It is probably the only "drug" that chills you out and had no hangover, negative effects the day after.

I used to be very against it because I do not use it. But over the years, I have educated myself and I just don't see how it is comparable to other drugs like, cocaine and heroin that can really destroy a person's life. The people I know who smoke marijuana are highly functional people.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If' you'll read the reasoning behind some peoples opinion about legalizing marijuana then you'll see it makes sense. How many things that are legal now use to be illegal and vice versa?
    Anonymous

• My sister smokes every day and is very grumpy when she does not have it so don't try to say it's not addicting or doesn't alter your brain.
    Anonymous

• I enjoy pot but I do not need it and I certainly don't get grumpy if I don't have it. I do however get very evil without my morning coffee. Figure that out.
    maddieandleomom

Answer by maddieandleomom at 1:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i dont smoke pot but i do believe that cigarettes are more harmful to your body than weed. cigarettes are addicting and are filled with chemicals. weed is not addicting and it has no harmful chemicals in it. i think that it should be switched around and cigarettes should be illegal and weed shouldnt be.
    Anonymous

• You can tell them not to do it, but in the end you know they're going to try it. As long as I get a phone call asking to pick them up so no one gets hurt I'm happy. We can all only hope we've done our job to instill good morals and smart thinking in our kids, and hope they make the right decisions for themselves. Because in the end, their lives and choices belong to them and they have to live with the consequences.
    mrstracy

Answer by mrstracy at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009