Pet Peeves?

I have two MAJOR grammar-related pet peeves, and I have seen them BOTH here on CM this morning. They're driving me crazy. They are:

"I could care less". Ugh! That means that you DO care. The correct terminology is "I couldn't care less." See the difference?

and

"Oooh, this candle is strawberry flavored." No! No, it's not! Are you eating the candle?! It's strawberry SCENTED! Grrr!

LOL. I don't know why, but both of those bug the junk out of me.

So - what are yours?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 1:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I also want to scream every time I hear someone say "I could care less" UGH! Other than that, I have way too many to list.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• When someone asks a question and someone else feels the need to judge and bash them and basically try and make them feel horrible about themselves and they still don't answer the question! If your not going to answer why respond? Now I'm going to get bashed about the whole Freedom of Speech thing.
    Anonymous

• Too, too many to count!
    Anonymous